I. PARTICIPANTS MUST ABIDE BY THESE RULES
- Follow all the rules of Vietnam’s legal system
- Be physically qualified to participate in all registered distances within time limit set by the organizers. Participants will be responsible for their own safety and health problems (if any) during the contest
- Always wear BIB (issued in the racket) on the front of the body
- Don’t leave valuable items in personal bags when instrusting said bags to bag deposit area
- The organizers will not take responsibility for any damages caused by: Sickness or other incidents (including emergency medical attention); loss or damaged personal belongings; participants showing up late because of traffics or weather conditions…
- Organizers will provide basic medical care or professional medical assistance for any injuries, sickness or accidents, and if needed will transport patients to the nearest hospital. Participants will be responsible for any cost as a result of these medical services.
II. SECURITIES MEASURES AND PROHIBITED ITEMS
Participants violating any of these following rules will not have his/her achievement and prizes revoked
- Participants are not allowed to compete under another person identity ( or passing BIB to another person while competing)
- Participants can not use any wheel vehicles while competing.
- Participants can not bring any kind of pets into the course.
- Participants can not take doping or any substances on the prohibited list of WADA. Participants also can not take any stimulants, drugs or pills that raise excitement while competing.
- Participants can not take any outside help that is not from the organizers (including but not limited to): water, nutrients, fruits,…(Participants can use their own nutrients which prepared and stored at OC water stations)
- Participants must follow the course set by the organizers. Anyone deviating from the set course without the referee’s approval will be removed from the race due to rules violation. Participants running through shortcuts will also be removed from the race. This violation will be determined by referee’s decision, monitor devices and other participants as witnesses.
- Participants must cross the starting carpet, other checkpoints across the race as well as the finishing checkpoint. Participants not following this rules will be considered not finishing the course.
- Participants can not bring any documents, pamphlets promoting something other than the competition, or anything that is considered detrimental to the Government of Vietnam.
- Participants can not wear clothes with offensive images, undermining the fine customs and traditions of Vietnam, opposing the gorvernment or promoting something other than the competition. We strongly suggest participants use clothes provided by the organizers.
- Participants can not perform acts or behaviors that affect the competition, like: dancing, changing, playing a musical instrument, fundraising, asking for signatures,… Participants are not allowed to hinder the competition by not following guidance of staff members. Participants are not allowed to go to bathrooms other than the ones predesignated by the orgarnizers.
III. GENERAL RULES
- The Organizers will apply these rules and regulations for every participants and for the whole duration of the tournament. Any participants violating these rules will be considered not qualified for the tournament.
- Only Vietnam Athletics Federarion and Tien Phong Dailynews have the rights to change articles in Rules and Regulations.
- Complaint rules:
- Complaint must be made within the 10 minutes of organizers annoucing results for that specific contest.
- Complaint process: Step 1 is vocally, step 2 is by form and submit that form to the organizers.
- Current Athletics regulations and Tournament 2024 rules will be used for adjustment of claims.
- Decisions made by the referee committee will be final.
FOR AMATEUR PARTICIPANTS
1. Participants age
- 5km, 10km distance: Unlimited. Participants under 18 need to be supervised by guardians who have signed the exemption clause provided by the organizers.
- Half marathon and marathon distances: Participants must be 16 or above (born in 2008 or earlier). Participants under 18 need to be supervised by guardians who have signed the exemption clause provided by the organizers.
Vietnamese and foreigner is elegible for participating provided all conditions about age, health and rules are followed. Participants belong to these following categories will not be able to participate in amateur league:
- Professtionals athletes belong to official teams from cities, states or groups, who have been competing for said teams in 2023 and in official tournaments within the national competition system like: Mountain climbing Championship Ba Ra, Youth National Championships, National Championship, HCM city international open.
- Professtionals athletes belong to official teams from cities, states or groups and/or achived type I or Grandmaster in 2021, 2022 or 2023.
- Professtionals athletes belong to the National Athletics Team in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024.
3.1 Competition distances
Individual contests in 8 categories for both man and woman: 5km, 10km, half marathon and marathon.
3.2 Age group:
Half marathon and marathon is divided into 5 age groups (based on year of birth):
- From 16 to 29 years old
- From 30 to 39 years old
- From 40 to 49 years old
- From 50 to 59 years old
- From 60 years old
The COT for marathon is 6.00 hours, for half marathon is 3.30 hours, for 10km is 2.30 hours and 5km is 1.30 hours ( time is counted from the start of the distance, any athlete who exceeds this COT will not have his/her achievement counted, the orgarnizers also will not be responsible for any participants after the COT). The organizers will provide COT period for each category latter. All water stops, medical assisstance as well as services on the track will stop supporting after the COT.
4. Awarding system
4.1 Tien Phong newspaper will give out:
- Finisher medal for participants completing their course within COT.
- Finisher medal for participants who comes up first, second and third for half marathon and marathon based on age groups.
- Prize money for top 5 overall winners of marathon and half marathon (included pro runners and amateur runners), as well as tokens from the organizers and sponsors, if any.
- Prize money for participants achieving first, second and third place in all distances, based on age groups, as well as tokens from the organizers and sponsors, if any.
4.2 Vietnam Athletics Federation:
- Medals for participants achieving first, second and third place in each category and age group.
5. BIB collecting process
- BIB collecting time: From 9h00 to 20h00 Friday 29/3/2024 anh 9h00 to 18h30 Saturday, 30/3/2024.
- BIB collecting place: April 1st Square, Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen province.
- BIB claim procedure: Participants show Identity card or Passport, registering confirmation and sign the online exemption form in order to receive BIB and other items. In case of receiving BIB for another person, the collector must have a photocopy of the athlete’s Identity card or passport, registering confirmation, authorization letter and the original exemption form.